- This event has passed.
2024 CPT Code Updates
December 13, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am EST
Approximately 150 new CPT codes and another 349 editorial changes, including deletions and revisions, will go into effect on January 1, 2024. During this session, we will highlight new RSV immunization codes, surgical subsections, Pathology/Laboratory codes, revisions to the office and other outpatient E/M visit codes, and definitions around split/shared E/M visits.
DATE AND TIME
Wednesday, December 13 | 9 – 10 a.m. CT
- Examine the newest CPT code updates as provided by the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Summarize the code changes related to sections that received the most updates.
- Discuss real-life examples to see the code updates in practice.
- Susan Rohde, RHIT, CCS-P, CPCSenior Manager, HealthcareSusan has more than 25 years of healthcare experience with an emphasis on coding. She specializes in Interventional Radiology coding, and all surgical specialty coding, ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for both inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic accounts. Susan also provides education on documentation in order to assign proper evaluation and management of E/M codes to obtain accurate reimbursement, with the 2021 and now 2023 E/M updates.
- Rachel Pugliano, RHIT, CHC, CRCRSenior Manager, HealthcareRachel has more than 25 years of healthcare experience with specific expertise in the mid-cycle of the revenue cycle, including coding, documentation improvement and charge capture. Rachel assesses the overall health and capabilities of an organization’s revenue cycle functions, develops coding compliance and documentation improvement strategies for both hospitals and medical group practices, and provides internal coding compliance and charge capture assistance to improve coding and charge accuracy.612.253.6770
- CPE CREDITS1
- FIELD OF STUDYSpecialized Knowledge
- LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGEOverview
- DELIVERY METHODGroup-Internet Based
Eide Bailly LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org